Monday, January 08, 2007

(Dri)Clime Every Mountain

Resuming my cycle rides to work after the Xmas break has again reminded me how fantastic Marmot's DriClime gear is.

Worn next to skin in a variety of (admittedly mild) January conditions - from high winds to sheeting drizzle - I magically seem to stay warm and comfortable no matter what. I've used my Dri-Clime jacket for sub-zero Alpine skiing, chilly climbing expeditions, frigid sailing voyages, icy morning runs - no end of sports, in fact - and it always, always delivers.

Not something you'd wear down the pub, unlike the various good-looking but ineffective hard/soft-shell imposters out there, but totally essential gear nonetheless.

Some stuff you buy and quickly realise it will end up on eBay. Some other gear, by contrast, you know you'll use for the rest of your life. Or at least until it breaks, at which time you'll simply buy the same thing again. DriClime definitely belongs in the latter category.

Sure, there are some strong additions to the soft/soft-shell market these days - Rab's Vapour Rise range gets consistently excellent feedback - but for me, the original remains the best.

Wondering how I can evagelise so much about a simple jacket? Quite sad, I admit, but buy one and you'll soon see. Truly world class kit, especially since I discovered that Marmot has dropped its new-fangled design and returned to the classic look (see: http://marmot.com/products/product.php?cat=cloth&subcat=13&style_id=I5607)

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I discovered Driclime not long after it first went on sale and I've never looked back. Simply the most versatile clothing layer I own!

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home